Thursday, August 29, 2013

Post 35: Fear Not~!

The funny thing about life here on earth is, that while most of us (for instance, myself) have received that blessed assurance from the hope of all hearts (ask me how & who), still this human nature stuff is being a pain in the *toooooot*, I meant pain in the neck! LOL!

Few days post my 35th year, these variety of fear crept the 'heavens' out of me. Hybrid type of the good and the bad ones that gave me a pinch of paralysis all over - this I must admit. Yes, I'm still human and fear is no stranger to myself too.

Call it a wonderful birthday present, I recently accepted a new role at work that triggered everything. I was grateful, happy and excited because this role is something related to one of the things that I really like or love to do - that is what I dub as, to take care of people although in the corporate realm, they call it people manager. However, the fall back is that I suddenly felt fear and started to think of many things such as how am I gonna manage it, how am I gonna do it, etcetera, etcetera. On top of that, all these "authentic" rumors about manpower reduction because of the changes and transformation about to take place aggregated my dilemma. As those fears roam around within me, this another fear under my "personal life" catalogue emerged. I consider this area as a core of my being so this fear is really freaking me out.  

Now here are the nice part of this blog :) 

While I was murmuring silently and getting myself together praying for refuge from the Lord, the topic we discussed in our life group was about fear and overcoming it. I smiled and sighed a relief. The bible verses we've shared and discussed about, lifted up myself and my spirit then voila, those fear started to get drowned and gone with the wind. Below are some:

Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

1 John 4:18 - There is not fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 

The undisputed Psalms 23 - this is considered an all time favorite of the many.

Truly, the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to the dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:13).

Even Facebook's "God wants you know" apps gave me an insight of encouragement regarding fear that helped me to swim across its ocean. Is it funny or just timing or maybe God is doing something about it to speak to me?

And when we had a combined meeting within my current org yesterday, the big boss shared quotes about "change" that are rather encouraging and enchanting.

At night, a dear friend dated me to have some post celebration... although part of it was, me using her escape goat to buy that Phiten necklace for her boyfriend's birthday. I realize.... I really appreciate this kind of simple things, the strolling, mall-ing, plus tidbits of chitchat, and of course the eating. These somehow helped me get passed of thinking those destructive fears in me.

With the dilemma of fear vs. all of the above weapons, I'm once again ready to face fear and conquer it with victory! Hence my mantra is....

FEAR NOT!



-2740






No comments: