Monday, June 29, 2009

When things become a "norm"...

I was taken a back for a while when I received a forwarded text message this morning that contains the verse of Job 9:10, which says "He does great things too marvelous to understand".

It was a good reminder for me. I was convicted to have had read that verse as I realize I was operating in the "norm" of it already. It is the norm of knowing that He is indeed constantly doing great things too marvelous to understand, that is why it was quite a bit no big deal for me anymore - this is sooo not really good. You may ask, how can I say that. Here's a simple true-to-life example of an experience. There are mornings that when I walk on the way to the taxi-bay, I'd see birds around, hearing their chirping and then I'd normally run to them to chase them like a kid as they fly away. Then, i'll smile and enjoy their chirping, as i look into the sky following my gaze at them, hopping and jumping. Recently, yeah I still notice them but since it was like the norm already, the feeling is quite neutral already but ofcourse recognizing what God is sayin'.

I then remembered once, one of Pastor Sam's preaching that "familiarity" will somehow rub you from experiencing miracle from the Lord. I guess that's one of at least the "cons" of being familiar with something and/or with someone huh! Then I asked myself, is it really the case? :(((((( it's quite disgusting because the "leaping of the heart" isn't that high anymore but then the good part I guess is that.. it's embedded within me already. While is that so, I guess I shouldn't be complacent about it and must be proactively and cautiously into it! Anyhow, I guess just a head's up to everyone though... God's deed of great things doesn't have to be in favor of you or me okay.... and I'd say it won't always make you "happy" :P so beware! lol...

Apparently, while is that so.... I came to realize as I am typing this... that I am missing God so much... I dunno how or why but yeah... I miss Him dearly soooo much!

Familiarity somehow covered what I really feel from the very deepest part of me - the wanting and missing and loving Him so very much! What an irony!

Well, I gotta wrap this up and position myself to uncover what I feel flushing out familiarity and rediscovering the same Him in a new way!

Tata!

1 comment:

Isnabero said...

Ey becky,

Still no idea who am i? just guess? the last time we met was 5 years ago, and im your classmate and were not in good terms (i think, galit kayo sa akin eh) hehe. Anyways i was just joking when i posted those comments, i know you would react. Its nice to know that you're ok and your in Malaysia doing well. I think rich ka na..hehhe..balato naman jan

P.S. Talagang X-rated ang dating ng "i'll bleed for you"