Monday, September 15, 2008

the bicycle ride...

She was at the back of the bicycle while her daddy doing the cycle activity around that mini park in one of the place here in Penang. As she sat in her little throne from the back, she was very still... looking around and holding tight to the thing at her daddy's back.

As I enthusiastically entered the scene, I waved at here smilin' and yelling at her name... "Hello Faith... hiyeee Faith...". In her young mind, she stared at me and partially smiled. On and on, the dad (names' CheeChung) went on cycling... as the daddy passed by through some bumps... there she went into bumbing as well....

The scene drifted off my mind for quite some time as I ran into the swing just like a kid too :P and did my swinging glides. Much valuable things happened that day before and after the bicyle ride's impactful starter of that night's event...

Before the bicycle ride - Had a quickie breakfast in a friend's car, attending power hour prayer, then comes the food for the soul time *yum*! After that, I had my "koheeko-fan" whatever for lunch, Nepal mission team meeting. Then off to QueensBay with friends... stroll around, window shop for me, it's a shopping time for a friend. Played some basketball, yes! What an energy - power!

After the bicycle ride moment - I managed to use my...uhm... sorta charm^^ in borrowing the girl's bicycle and did my own scary and stumbling cycle then watched a friend in his cycling lesson day 2. Little by little...other friends arrived, went up to the venue, "wacked" (this is Malaysian's term) the food, did some fun Charades game, blew some candles for someone's birthday (Tze Seong), went down to the park again carrying along our so-called lanterns and candles to have that moon gazing. -- Now, this is basically the ocassion! The Mooncake festival so to speak they call it. We did some walkin' carrying our "thang-long" (did i write it correctly?) or lantern with the glowin' candle in it. We're quite fortunate that time as the host shared about the story behind it. I wasn't really paying attention to it (sorry fLo :P) because somehow I was kinda aware of it already - to top it all, it's about bravery and oh well... what eLse? the four letter word that is full of mysteries :P

Instead, I am trying to really feel and enjoy the camaraderie atmosphere at that time. Open an MS Word doc, type "camaraderie", right click on it to see more of what's "camaraderie".

On a side note - I kinda casted out myself from a distance in the see-saw while they were there carrying my lantern along. Stared at them with a smile. One friend was naughty enuff to come near me and ask something about the never ending topic of all season :P. To cut it short, I just answered... "he will find me" :P

The night was done! Went home with two boy-friends :P. Monday arrived and gone as well! While i've got a LOT of things roaming in my heart and mind (too many to mention :P), I was amazed to myself when "Faith's bicycle ride with her daddy" scene flashed off my mind. Then the topic of that Sunday's food for the soul - "the Father's love" echoed my heart. I am reminded of my heavenly Father's love once again - it's like the Holy Spirit is re-emphasizing and reiterating it. I wonder why huh?! Oh well, maybe I felt unloved that time (kidding....LOL). I just smiled :)

Truly that Faith's daddy loves her so much that he have had spent that time with her. She wasn't totally aware of those bumpy roads that time but she has surely felt it. However, she was still and the trust and security in his daddy's cycling was there.

Unlike baby girl Faith, we, grown ups might be very on top or aware of every bumpy roads we pass by in this ride of life. We tend to do things to avoid bumps even if we need to pass by that specific bump or some would just directly avoid it to play safe huh - such a cowardice! Why not, let's just be still.... and know that our daddy up there is the one really doing the cycling thing? Why not let's just be like baby Faith? She knew that it was her daddy doing the cycling thing and her dad was with her when she passed by those bumps too.

Bible encourages us to have a faith like a child. Let's have a faith like what Faith had in that bicycle ride!

Be blessed! I'm blessed while writing this! =)

2 comments:

shiuan said...

Yo.. Becky..

nice to read your blog..this help to keep in touch with you though away from pg..

how nice if i can play "tang long" too..i dun have cg for that day coz students are busy for exam..

enjoy :)

Becky said...

hello Shiuan, thanks so much for your comments, really appreciate it. I'm glad you're reading my blog, please feel free to write comments as often as you want :) God bless you.