Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a hand 'n a kiss on the forehead ^^

The wanting to visit ReueL (a sick boy in our church) yesterday eventually took place today. I and my friends went to their house and found out that he's actually in the hospital. I am not really sure but somehow I felt only a partiaL of frustration yesterday when I learned about it. In fact, we even thought of going to the hospital at that moment but decided not to because there might be a heavy traffic on the way. And then the normal thought of having a dinner instead, came. However, one has to go off because of a prior dinner engagement.

WhiLe processing what to eat and where to, we ended up seeing another friend in the building nearby. I'd say... I was happy seeing the two of my friends (whom I've known separateLy and didn't know they are that close, can you imagine?), gLadLy smiled and teased one another, chit-chat a bit and bid goodbye eventually. I just smiled and whispered, "hmmm... that was short?! but cute and sweet huh!"

The dinner was sumptuous. What makes it splendid was the conversation that took place between each bite - giving way to a more exposed invisibility of both individuals..... *peace* ;p

Anyhow, as the scheduLe was arranged for the next day - that's today... we ended up hitting two birds in one shot! That is to finally visit the boy and this time incLuding the granny of one of us.

ReueL was about to sleep when we arrived. As we clipped the 6 balloons we bought yesterday at the feet of his bed, the little surroundings became colorfuL :). The dad was there to take care of him and managed to share a bit of what was currently happening. Florence lead all of us in prayer for the boy as I laid my hand on his forehead. I shook Dr. Andrew's hand and off we went to Victor's granny's ward.

I'm no chinese language - trying hard to scale up but pity the poor me! LOLz! - but as we arrived there, I smiled and said "hello" to the Auntie taking care of the granny... and cheerfuLLy handed the 3 red carnation fLowers over to her. After a whiLe, she sat up and took the spoon with her weak right hand, ate the porridge served. I was like... wanting to grab that spoon and feed her instead but Auntie said, "it's ok, she can feed herself" smiling to me. I felt an "ouch" deep inside and was a bit "dismay" but obeyed not to do it. As I stare at her and her hand holding the spoon, I was reminded of my mom back home and well..ofcourse..my own granny when she was still alive. I feLt i wanna hug this granny but I just simpLy cannot! Well.... I needed to contain myself else... nah I really dunno what will happen...hehehe. Little chit-chat took place in Chinese but I just did not care and continued on glancing at the old lady.

After a whiLe, I did not controL myself anymore! As my friends were like 3 steps away from the bed already, I caressed granny's pearL-white "fly away" hair and gave her a kiss on the forehead then off we go =)

- a hand 'n a kiss on the forehead -

No comments: