Friday, September 5, 2008

Families are forever!

I saw the above sentence as a caption to a photo in Friendster of one of my friends (my ex-boyfriend actually). Ofcourse, in the pic is his family - wife and kids! It made me smile, feeling the happiness he has having his own family already. Then, I closed my eyes thinking about my family back in Manila and then visualizing my own family soon. It was like, I giggled looking forward to that day!

Well.. the above paragraph was like a bit of an intro about I wanna share in here. I just came back from my CG (Cell Group) meeting and my heart took note of the insight I had from the CG specifically from the "ice-breaker" part. Edmond asked everyone to draw what is a great life for each one of us and then share it to everyone afterwards. I wasn't really surprise that all of us draw something which included "people" figures representing "family". Since 99% of our CG are singles, well...only Pastor Mei and Pastor Eddie are the couple there... all of us draw our picture of a great life, which includes having our own family. Some drew the family with 2 kids, some have 3... and guess what?Pastor Mei drew 7 grand children instead :P. I told her I need to let Eileen (the daughter) know about it.

Anyhow, the above caption of "Families are forever" revisited my mind and reminded me to finally write about it here in blog! And so I'm here writin' about it.

Indeed family plays a very important and vital role to one's life. I remember my primary days, we have been taught that "family" is the very basic institution in a community. I can also recall most of my friends saying.... friends will go away.. but families will always be there. Families will always be the major motivation of an individual may it be to work, to school, or where ever!

At work, I always pass by cubicles whereby the family photos are there in the desk. Ofcourse, I am one of them who put my family picture beside my office stuffs :P

Personally, while I recognize the fact that it aint easy to have a family, I am looking forward to have my own. As early as 7 years old, I have been exposed to a LOT of family stuffs and issues in us - may it be taking care of my siblings as an"a-te" or "che-che" or to act as a mom while my mama is away for work and also even think about food to cook and eat, finances, marriage probs, etc. I have been imagining... how would I look like being a mommy =) and being a wife? At first, I thought, I might be a strict mom (lol) but then I said errr.. not really... I don't think so.

With the experiences I had in our family and having quite a lot of exposures from friends about family issues, I can say that I'm a little bit scared but then I'm also at peace knowing that my God is there to help me and to guide me. And so, I am focusing myself on the positive side of it looking forward to taking care of my own family - because they are forever! So for you guys... please make sure that you treasure your families well. Families are forever! =)

No comments: