Monday, September 22, 2008

surprises...

Last Friday was a good one! I'm thankful that everyone in our cg was cooperative enough to execute the plans we've made in giving a birthday bash surprise for the 3 of our cg members and family - Euwing, Julie, and Lay Ching. Not to mention the early arrangements that Heng Yin did for the cakes and flowers.... for the guitar playing Shirley showed during worship and Tze Han's facilitating the sharing part. Though we missed some in the cg, we all had a great time together. I just hope that indeed the three were surprised and that it really made them all feel speciaL =) Another highlight that night was the sharing about the Father's love. Pastor Eddie shared a very good illustration about relationships, which is related to our topic. He shared about the 2 cups not being filled emphasizing that only a perfect God can fill each one's cup - referring to couple I supposed.

Anyhow, I am not sure with others but personaLLy, i love surprises. I can say that it's more worth it especially when you receive surprises without expecting it. Hehehe.. oh well, admit it or not.... it's somewhat a norm or should I say inevitable for some if not all to expect some surprises especially during our own birthdays huh! Hehehe... what a paradox - an expected surprise!

The event happened last Friday triggerred me to reminisce my own recent birthday surprises and should I say most treasured past surprises. Here comes my DR attact! Referring to "Delayed Reaction" :) Recently, I felt like I was floating in cLoud 9 and i'm overflowing with gratefulness for all the blessings I've received marking my 30th birthday!^^

The blasts started Saturday before my birthday. Having the chance to pre-celebrate it with some of friends and got a chance to spend a little time with new friends - 'twas Victor who initiated it. We have basically celebrated everyone's birthday and that includes Andrew, Victor, and Chea Keat. It was my first time to have that moment with Hsien Hooi and CheeChung plus their cutie Faith as well. Remember the bi-cycle ride post? :P (This blog is really super delayed, i realized! yaiks!) I can say that I kinda admire the couple especially when they carry Faith unto their arms :) Anyhow, I'm glad I've controlled myself NOT to drink some booze =P

Come Monday of that week (my big day was a Wednesday!), I had a steak dinner with uncle Ron at Friday's. I consider uncle Ron as my father here in Penang and im transitioning to call him dad hehehe..- btw missed the days when we go to BJ Complex together with Auntie Pat (the wifey) to buy DVDs :P. I'm sure during those days, they used to spend time together watching those DVDs huh, how sweet! :)

Wednesday, the big day was dramatic at start then became typical sort of. I started my day with an overseas call from my beloved family in Pinas. They were singin' happy birthday over the fone. Tears came out and I just hugged my pillow thinking about them. At work, thank God for all friends who wished me. My heart leaps everytime I got a greeting... in any way I've received it. 'Coz for me, small things count A LOT! At first I thought of spending my birthday night in my bedroom - ooppss.. don't think I'm a boring person (but yeah sometimes, i am). I thought I wanna spend my birthday time reflecting things - that is after our Nepal Mission team meeting supposedly. As early as lunch, Florence already chased me to have lunch out. It wasn't expected that Euwing and Ms. Win Nee met us up for lunch in ... secret... recipe :)

Now here's the catch, Shirley dearie kept asking me sayin she wants to take me out for dinner starting Monday of that week already. At first, I thought i've got a packed sched that week and it aint because of my birthday but ive got really a lot of stuffs - work and ministry primarily. Finally, I've decided to squeeze in the invitation before our meeting. And guess what? tadannn! There they all arrived with the cake singing the happy birthday song. At first i was stunned but deep inside I was smiling gently already.

Oh well.. I was speechless of how I appreciate everything. Trying to focus on what i'm supposed to do for the hour. Subconsciously, I have never stopped thanking God for everythin'.

Surprises.. surprises... So many things and plans of surprises coming into my mind now. I hope that all of it shall come to pass.. on the other hand.. i suddenly thought.. will there be more surprises for me? Like for now, while i reminisce these things, I feel odd... sigh! Weird eh? =) Well, we have our own weirdy thingy....

Gotta doze off now... i better.. or else...i'll end up becoming weird 24x7 already LOL.

*poof*

No comments: