Saturday, January 31, 2009

the DRs of my DR events!

I had a cute time this morning when I ate a "Duck Rice" meal in Happy Cafe before going to church. The duck rice was good and talk about eating it in "happy" cafe made me smile. Alone in that cafe, I look around and stare at people with joy inside my heart. Feeling God's presence in me and telling me I'm not alone at all =) God is good! All the time! He's everywhere!

I'd say I've enjoyed it so much that triggered me to finally blog about the above! It has been weeks since I thought about it but the urge and mood wasn't really there so I procrastinated a bit.. sorry about that. lol. anyhow... here you go...

*the "Delayed Reaction" of my "Duck Rice" events!*

I can't really remember when was that but the first DR event I've well taken note of is when I had that duck rice lunch with two good friends, Siew Ching and Eugene somewhere in town. They've told me that it's where the BEST duck rice in town. We came from somewhere that we ended up eating our lunch there. The setting was simple yet gave me a powerful insight. I have been with these two for quite a lot of trips and all already but this duck rice lunch experience struck me and really hit me. I have observed the real importance of friendship in a BGR or Boy Girl Relationship so to speak. The two were very good good friends before they've decided to go to the next level of it, which is having a relationship. Ofcourse it was initiated by the man, Eugene and I remember how he really struggled (*peace*) during the time his feelings for her was really overwhelming and that he felt that it wasn't time to confess to her yet.... aside from the fact that there were "other" guys roaming around my girlfriend so to speak. Finally... he did.. just in time before Siew Ching can entertain other "friends" also... lol...

Friendship with opposite sex is very important in every "next level" of relationship that anybody can have. May it be going to a relationship of boyfriend-girlfriend up to moving one notch higher, which is marriage..I'd say the toughest one huh? Married people do you agree? :P

A couple of weeks back, another duck rice event made me realize a different dimension of friendship. It was a Sunday as well by the way. That Sunday, I was preparing to go to church when I received a text message from Shirley whether I wanna have breakfast first. I said ok and off we went. We didn't really know where are we eating then the idea of going to Happy Cafe came. There you go our heavy "Duck Rice" breakfast! Somehow, I can say that Shirley and I have a few similarities but the percentage of differences is indeed higher. However, I can say that we have this kind of friendship that is bonded through our inner hearts and with love.

Friendship doesn't necessarily mean you have the same likes all the time. What's important is you understand each other and that the common thing that you have is "love".

Duck rice is yummy! I hope to have more duck rice events! :))))))

***

2 comments:

dew_peace said...

Wow.. Wee.. We can have more DRs next time ya? Seriosly, am blessed by your friendship. Thank you for being my fren. *Huggss*

ChinAki said...

Yummy Yummy!
Thanks for your friendship too, you are my "other" good friend also la :P