Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Play no more...

"Lord, I don't wanna play- play with a lot of girls anymore. I want to get serious with life already and get started with having my own family. Will you please show me the girl you've chosen for me?".

Kuya Jerry shared the above prayer to me when he was still here in Penang. It was about his turning point to quit playing "games" and get really serious with his life as a man and praying for his better half. Well... he was young then (if I'm not mistaken about 21 or 22 y/o) but perhaps his thinking was that matured already. He has shared to me that he's consider a bit "close-to-girls" so to speak and kinda did some play play stuffs...lol. Then he noticed Ate Irene.. and the rest is history =)

I am in the middle of lotsa workloads in the office when I suddenly remembered Kuya Jerry and his wife Ate Irene. We call our considered "older" brother kuya and A-te for the sister side (sometimes used for "lambing" aka "manja-manja"). They are both my closest when Kuya Jerry was still working here in Penang and eventually decided to to go back Manila to be with his family. By then, ate Irene was travelling back and forth to Penang and Manila to be with Kuya and at the same time to look after their teenager kids. It was from him that I have first heard of the "GPC" thingy. You know what's that right? :P (God's Perfect Choice). Oh well, I hope that everything is fine with both of them though...

It's amazing that in a man's life, this specific point of their lives do come - at least for quite a percentage, this is happening.. but I'd say probably not for all? :) If that happens - it's admirable =)

As of now, there are 2 men in my life - my dad and my brother. Ofcourse, my dad is out of this range already... my brother? Definitely yes. He's turning 19 this February and I wonder what's on his mind? Whenever I call home and speak to him, I used to tease and ask him..."so what are your plans in life?"... I can't remember any firm answer from him though and instead he will pass back the phone to my mom. Oh dear.. oh well.. that's why I always pray for my brother that he will come to a certain point of realization and contemplation of his life. How i wish I can really talk to him.. but not really..*sigh*

Guy-friends? Yes, I have a lot. Here, there, and everywhere. I am not sure if they all have plans though but I guess there should be and I do hope so :P

As for the women (I'm not gonna be bias here..lol), well..I've got some girlfriends who are saying they wanna enjoy their single lives to the fullest (sort of a playing mode also) but I guess majority are in the serious mode - like me :P...lol...

Don't wanna play no more....

How about you? do you wanna play no more?

***

1 comment:

dew_peace said...

Me too.. it's time to get serious, am not gonna play anymore, time is limited :PP