Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fasting to get engaged?

"I'm fasting to get engaged!" - I laughed out loud when I heard this from my sister as I talked to her when I called home this morning.

As I woke up looking forward to the Sunday church service, I decided to call my family back home in Manila. I talked to my mom, my niece Zyrille, and my sister Cecille.

It's gonna be the 7th birthday of Zyrille tomorrow so I greeted her in advance and explained to her that this year would be no kiddie party for her. I told her that she doesn't have to have party but instead, be thankful for whatever she has. She is still blessed to have shelter, to be able to eat everyday and is going to school everyday - I explained to her in the kiddiest possible I could!

Talked to my mom a bit and she has mentioned that my sis is in fasting mdoe. I eventually spoke to my sister. We did some "kamustahan" (how are you's?) and I teased her to ask what are the things she's fasting for. She has mentioned their church's prayer and fasting items then at the end blurted the first liner as per above. Then, I suddenly remember my first ex- bf's story when he proposed to his fiancee'. He fasted for a week and then propose to Jennifer and then she said yes! Hmmm.... should I do the same? No way I'm gonna propose man! I'm just gonna say "Yes!" LOL.

It was true that I bursted out in laughter but was stopped by my ownself when I realized that I have been praying for the same thing for quite some time already. She then asked what about me, what are my faith goals. I just simply answered, "i'm praying to get married!" (lol) then she asked when? I smiled. As she shared about her fasting items, she mentioned about their Pastor sharing his urge to pray for all the singles in their church. I told myself, "not bad huh... it's not just our church who are full of singles but others too" lol. Anyhow, she told me that their Pastor is praying for the singles to get married and his concern is about the next generation of families in the church - I was like wow!

Then I recalled my last week's one on one talk with Pstr Mei - a woman pastor of my current church. I can't really recall how we ended up talking about love, courtship, and marriage when in fact it wasn't my purpose of speaking to her.

"Funny huh, so many singles wanna get into marriage and yet they don't know that so many married people wanna get out of marriage". - I was shocked to have heard that then felt a bit scared about it. Well... not really scared that much though.

If I remember it right, I've been ready to get married and Imma say..I almost ended up marrying (hehe^^)... but somehow I believe God made a way for me not to.... yet..... well, single life has some advantages - it's a fact. I'd say..I'm just gonna enjoy it while waiting for GPC and GPT...God's Perfect Choice and God's Perfect Timing :)

"God always give the best to those who leave the choice to Him" - read this somewhere :P

Anyways... let me pray about whether I'll fast or not... anyhow.... i don't need to tell the whole world that I am on fasting if ever I am right? :P (Matthew 6:16)

***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog will always reminds me ;) thank you sistah.. love love