Saturday, January 17, 2009

Love is blind? Love at first sight?

Talk about famous "one-liners", the above title are quite common and usual Imma say when one is inlove and trying to justify a few stuffs about how they feel- hey I'm talkin' about the love to opposite sex ok?! :P If I remember it right, I have used the above liners as well in my past relationships...lol...

As far as I can remember, I have a few friends who don't really believe in the above thus they're sayin' about "liking" someone first only then love will develop. Now I think that makes sense. Liking in it's essence is one starter I should say, a reason to initiate things and proceed to some "level-up" move!

As Pastor Sam pointed us to the passage as per below in Philippians 1:9-11 during our today's morning prayer, I remember the below statement of one very dear friend I have (or had):

"I know her so well that I cannot fall inlove with her".

The above statement from time to time entertains my mind and somehow supports my... I should say now a more "matured" principle when it comes to "love", which is - Love is a decision and a choice!

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God." - Philippians 1:9-11.

That's what the passage is saying... and Pastor Sam emphasized on the part of "in knowledge and depth insight" and then the rest of the verses follow. The "love is blind" liner emerged in relation to this and I added up the "love at first sight" thingy. He somewhat said that you cannot be blind if you have the knowledge and depth insight of the person whom you'll love or you love. I like the way he shifted the thought to the love of God and our love for God.

If you don't love God, you can love something or somebody, and that somebody could get you in trouble. In the same way in eating, if you don't eat nutritious food you can be eating junk food. Well, if we don't know how much God love us so much... we might end up doing things just to make other people love us... we might find love in the wrong places... ooppps!

So everyone, may your love abound more and more in knowledge and depth insight ya?

As for me? I earnestly pray that in times of loneliness, I will find comfort in Him! That in times of luke-warm temperature, I will always opt to be warm with Him! Always on-fire regardless of the weather deep within me.

Above all, I will always be reminded of how God loves me and that in any circumstances (for better or worst, etc. etc.) I will always be truly, madly, deeply inlove with Him! :)

***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helle Bec! Jen here! ;)

I don't believe either with "Love is blind" & "Love at first sight" Remember my shout out before in friendster that "love is NOT a feeling, it is a THOUGHTFUL DECISION" then you will learn how to LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY. ;) Take care Bec! God bless!