Monday, November 17, 2008

"extra" extraordinary weekends!

I can feel that my body is complaining now especially my brain, as I have been pushing myself to the limit Imma say. Mind you, it's my body and not me =P But then, I've kept in mind to blog about the past 2 consecutive weekends I had, just for me to stick in my mind and in my heart. Yeah, blogging emphasizes and re-energizes my "for-keeps" experiences....and ofcourse... have I told you that I consider blogging as "cathartic"? So, I thought by doing this, after a quite good time of rest I shall be fine... this is ofcourse on top of prayers and all ya....

Oh yes, I had 2 consecutive extra extra-ordinary weekends. Why the double "extra" you may ask? Ehehehe.. this is because I choose to consider every weekend of mine "extra-ordinary" already... and what I'm gonna talk about here are like super extra..... I'll try to be as brief and direct though for the reason that so many things to take note of and to share with you aLL.

*Last last weekend*

-heLped out in the International Children's day. Prayed for all and encouraged each one via sending text message. Wore the "Hanbok" korean dress - played games and walked on the stage wearing hanbok with the dressed-up kids (can u imagine?). Glad to see everyone of my dearies to be a part of the said event.

-went dinner with good friends e.g. Esther, Baby Sean, Siew Ching, Eugene, Yoan, Deborah.

-slept over Esther's place to play with baby Sean, had a great girl talk with Esther, exposed myself more to motherhood :D - well I've had a lot of insights in between conversations and play time with the baby. Watched a bit of a movie but eventually dozed off.

-driving lesson with a friend; made me realize not to always have a DR (Delayed Reaction) but try to address the situation right then and there as much as possible.

-went to movie, Quantum of Solace with a friend and friend's friends. One liner I've noted, "Forgive her, forgive yourself". Had quite a great dinner, exposed to other persinalities once again.

*Last Weekend*

-came back from our Leader's retreat in Batu Ferringhi. Had a fun ride with Siew Ching and Eugene. Once home, managed to sneaked-in 2 hours of sleep.

-Off to Gold Coast place, some guards talked to me. Asked my name, where am I from and all those "flirty" stuffs. Errr... I was already wearing big shortpants and shirt and my hair was so messy, how can? LOL. Tere wasn't there yet so i decided to chiLL in the Ikan Bakar seaside there. Enjoyed the sound of the waves, sunset and Penang Bridge from afar.

-Tere arrived, we dressed up as we planned to have candle light dinner in 32 The Mansion Restaurant. Well... it was a sumptous meal and we noticed in the end that a bottle of red-wine served in our table was about to finish. Yes, I can drink :P but occasionally only. A friend was there playing the bass... so we requested the group to sing/play "Dahil Sa'yo". They did, Tere was very gLad! We almost went to the front and dance a sweet dance..lol.. When done, we hugged Ruby the singer (if I remember the name right!) and bid good-bye telling them we will come back!

-I've got no choice to join my friends in Slippery Senorita. Been thinking how to escape?! Then, good thing we managed to invite my Bass player friend there. I thank God, I had the reason to escape already! my little bro was there to join us for a while then i grabbed him so we can go home.

-"You can get all the boys you want Becky"...."you should always dress-up like this in church"... (he is my church-mate that's why.). Those were the phrases stuck into my mind while on our way to the carpark. I was flattered but I bursted into a loud laughter. Replied to him something like this, "Nah, I dont think so bro. You are just so lucky to see me dress up like this because i seldom do it...Only when I'm really in the mood" and added to him that "I always do the opposite one, I show the worst physical me" lol..... errr not really.. uhm maybe I am just being more to myself.. although dressing up is being me as well.

-Come Sunday, went to morning prayer meeting. Had a great prayer time with Siew Ching (again?!) and the rest in the church. Sunday service was great! Lunch time was even nicer!

-Shocked to have had the chance to go to another friend's house and be able to meet the mom and granny. Didn't expect and was quite a bit shy..lol... anyhow, my friend's mom was indeed cool.. i think if no visitors arrived we could have chatted A LOT of stuffs already! lol... this is gonna be unforgettable too.

-Experienced one great miracLe! Wento my driving lesson again but this time, I drove to the flower shop somewhere in Jelutong (if I'm not mistaken again). This is bcoz I need to buy flowers for Norlyn's surprise :P. When we came back to the car, it won't start! As in even my friend tried it a lot of times, it WONT START! We called up Adrien to ask some advice. When we're about to leave the car there, I uttered..why not i start the car again for the last time and see..... along the conversation I was already praying for the car. ALAS! the car started. IT's A BIG MIRACLE! Indeed a mustard seed of faith works! My friend drove back the car, then off we go to dinner with lunchmates! LOL. It was really cool... I've eaten lunch with Lay Ching, Tze Han, Victor, Julie, Shirley, Angeline, Felix... then dinner time I ate with the last five again including Marcus and Aunt Helen. Cute :P

-Went home but still did not rest and sleep - I cannot. I must do the bouquet for the next day's surprise for Norlyn. Well.. this is my 2nd masterpiece of flower arrangement..yayy! Monday came, I went to work so early.. Norlyn went home. As she arrived home, she called me then I picked up the call saying.."Surprise!". I'm glad she was happy... it was her first time receiving flowers... then she wondered.. how is it like to receive flowers from a guy... errr.. (wait for my blog entry about flowers k?)

That's it... yeah no wonder... that's the reason why my body was kinda complainng already. I felt the heat inside me and the physical weariness... Nevertheless...I'd say... thank God for the extra extra-ordinary weekends! More to come.

*peace out*

No comments: